Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A collection of Inspired Spaces...

When I was a young girl, I had an extensive collection of beautifully polished rocks. I adored my collection, problem was, I never had a great place to show it off. Today's inspired space is places to house collections. I currently collect vintage Santa's. I will use some of the following ideas to display my collection during the holidays. I hope these images will inspire you to house collections of your own....or better yet provide a great place to display your children's beloved collections. After all, a child's collection is a physical representation of personality and love....display it proudly!


Love idea of framing collectibles according to color...I could see this being great for a child's sticker collection!
A cheese plate and dome... plastic figures have never looked so demure!
* I see cheese plates at thrift stores and flea markets all the time...keep your eyes open for them!

 A small vintage shelf would be great over a bed or in any nook!

Love the series of corked bottles...can you imagine a marble collection, or coin collection in these?
 Vintage class jars are inexpensive and beautiful
 I love sectioned off shelving...I see them all the time at flea market for under $5....I think it would be great over a child's bed to showcase some of their favorite items.
Take a piece of cork board and wrap it in brown paper....pin on all your lovelies....I am thinking perfect for a collection of vintage brooches, or love the idea of a  seasonal collection ( I'm going to make this seasonal botany collection this fall!)

Is this not a darling way to display scrapes of vintage fabric?


A sprinkle of collectibles on a blank wall....perfection! How cute would this be with a collection of children's tea set plates and saucers?!

**TIP: some collections may be too large to fully display... display your only your favorite items. Allow your children to pick their favorite items and rotate their display every now and then. They will be so proud of their collections and excited to show them off! Their simple collections can easily turn into a fond childhood memory!

May you all have a large collection of happy memories!
XO
Brooke!
                                               (* all pics via pin interest)

5 comments:

  1. very cute follow back from hop thx for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following back! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think we just may have more in common than our names. You are quite crafty. My job right up until I had my little one was the marketing coordinator for a craft store chain here in Utah. I actually got paid to run a craft blog. Cool right? Thanks again for stopping by. I would love to link up soon.

    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ideas. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my tiger collection! Hi. Just stopping by. Following you from Thursday Cup of Joe Blog Hop. Would love a visit and a follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks! By the way, we are GIVING AWAY an IPAD 2 and would love for you to enter if you haven’t already! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ideas, will have to see if I've got anything that falls into a loose collection.

    Following you on GFC, hope you'll follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the butterfly collection. I did something similar but I uses butterfly pins. My grandma gave me. A great way to show them off.

    Melissa
    Thursday Cup of Joe Host

    ReplyDelete