Monday, July 11, 2011

Family Fun Night:

No matter what time of year it is, there are plenty of things for you to do with your family. Having family fun nights is a great way to bring your family together and create memories. Each Monday Petite 'E-lan will post a creative activity for the whole family to enjoy.

 
Tonight, gather the family for a make your own pizza party:
 It is simple to spruce up dinner time by getting the whole family involved with assembling their own mini pizzas from scratch! Experiment with all kinds of toppings and sauces. Maybe even try out a new kind of dough.


Make that dough:
  (Of course you can always use store bought pizza dough!)
  traditional
  whole wheat 
  Gluten free
  Zucchini Pizza dough


Get Saucy:
Try using Pesto or BBQ sauce instead of the traditional tomato sauce... a great way to experiment with flavor!

Get the kids involved:
*Give the baby a ball of dough to play with ( maybe add a dash of color to the dough, they can smooch it, squeeze it and suck on it while the rest of you make your own pizza creations.

Do you have that kid that is not into getting dirty? Let them color their own pizza, by clicking here,while the rest of the family gets messy.

*Using pie tins is a good way to give kids' their own pizza making station!

*Challenge your kids to make art out of their meal.  A sneaky way to get picky eaters excited about those all important veggies. I am especially fond of these flag inspired pizzas!


Slice of Peitie 'E-lan:I love to make pizza from stratch. I often quadrouple my whole wheat dough, and freeze it so I can easily make pizza anytime. To freeze, I roll enough dough for one pizza into a ball, wrap with ceran wrap and place in a freezer bag. To use I allow dought to thaw for a few hours and roll it out. I like to make pizza at the end of the week with my veggie odds and ends, it is a great way to avoid having that extra tomato or bell pepper go to waste.

I love trying new savory pizza recipes. **See my favorite pizza recipe here.

Andiamo a mangiare!

XO
BB

3 comments:

  1. I love those flag pizzas. My kiddo isn't old enough to do anything but throw sauce at my face and feed pepperoni to the pup, but I'm saving this idea for later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a "make your own pizza" night is one of our summer bucket list items! I will definitely come back to this page when we decide to do it! Yum!

    Following you back!
    ♥ Kyna
    http://greatexpectations-kyna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make your own pizza parties are great!! We had one for my cousins graduation party!

    ReplyDelete