Friday, July 29, 2011

Muffin Tin- Crayons...

Do you have an assortment of broken crayons lying around your home? You are in luck! Gather up those broken bits of crayons and melt them into a new crayons! Your children will be proud of their creations. The larger size, and round shape helps young artist grip them better, they will not worry about constantly breaking the crayons.




Gather:
  • Crayons –  gather up broken pieces you already have or purchase boxes of crayons ( take advantage of those back to school sales) and break them up into pieces.
  • Mini muffin pan (it would be best to use a muffin pan dedicated to crafts after this, as some crayon may transfer onto the pan)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 265 degrees F. Remove all the paper from the crayons.Break the crayons into about 1/2 to 1 inch size pieces. You can get 2 to 3 pieces per crayon. Put two to three similar colors in each muffin slot, then bake for 6-8 minutes. Do not over bake the crayons. To know when they are done, they will melt just enough that you can no longer see the shape of the crayon. Remove them from the oven and let them firm up on the counter for a few minutes. To get them out of the pans easier, place them in the freezer until they are firm–this takes about 30 minutes. Then pop them right out!

Use different shaped tins, and make all kinds of themed crayons. You could make red and green Christmas trees, or spooky orange and black pumpkins...the possibles are endless. In addition to  being a handy way to recycle crayons, they make great trinkets to slip into party favor bags, to give as gifts, or to make back to school preparations more fun!

Store the crayons in plastic baggies, paper boxes, or my favorite....in cookie jars!

May you always look for possibilities!
XO
BB

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm going to share this
    idea with my kids for my grand kids!

    Hi! I'm following you from a blog
    hop! Hope you visit me and return
    the follow:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the J-Man hop.
    What a GREAT idea! I have to add this to my to-do list. They look perfect for "littler" hands.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new GFC follower from the blog hop. I hope you'll stop by my blog and follow back.

    www.LisaBlogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new GFC follower and I found you on Mom Bloggers Club. I'd love if you could check out my blog and follow me back. <3

    ReplyDelete